2015 HSAA Track & Field
The HSAA Track & Field team gives homeschooled athletes an opportunity to compete against local schools in the sprints, distance, hurdles, throws (shot put/discus), jumps (long, triple, and high), and relays. Team practices are on Monday and Wednesday and begin in Plano on January 12, 2015, for High School and January 26, 2015, for Middle School. Meet schedule will not be finalized until Feb 2015 but will be similar to the 2013-14 season, which is still posted on the HSAA website.
There will be TWO information/registration sessions for the 2015 Track & Field teams. Prospective athletes and a parent must attend one: Dec 6, 2014 or Jan 3, 2015.
Tryouts are not held for Track & Field. Therefore, registering for the track team is your commitment that you will participate in the upcoming season. Please speak to your child to ensure they want to participate in a competitive sports program and put in the necessary hours practicing before you register. Practices and meets are mandatory and at-home workouts are assigned for the days we don’t have team practice (athletes will log their weekly workouts online on the team’s digital running log). There will be a meeting at registration explaining the program and requirements. Additionally, you may email Kara Schmidt if you have specific questions or concerns, KaraLSchmidt@hotmail.com.
If you are interested in volunteering with our team, please contact Kara Schmidt for an interview. No experience is necessary! There will be plenty of on-the-job training!
Registration Dates (must attend ONE):
1. Sat, Dec 6, 9:30-11:00 (COMPLETED)
2. Sat, Jan 3, 9:30-11:00, Davis Library, 7501 Independence Pkwy, Plano, TX. Mandatory meeting begins at 9:30 am. Doors open at 9:00 am.
$300 for High School
$200 for Middle School
$50 required warm-ups (jacket and pants)
$19 Tank/$18 Shorts (same uniform as 2014 season) for HS/MS
Multiple Payment Plans if register in Nov (contact Kara Schmidt if you need another option):
$300 High School-3 plans (H1, H2, H3)
H1: In full, $300 + Uniform/warm-up fees at registration, Dec 6 or Jan 3
H2: $150 + Uniform/warm-up fees at Dec 6 registration + $150 due at Jan 3 meeting
H3: $100 + Uniform/warm-up fees at Dec 6 registration, $100 due at Jan 3 meeting, and $100 due Feb 2nd
$200 Middle School-2 plans (M1, M2)
M1: In full, $200 + Uniform/warm-up fees at registration, Dec 6 or Jan 3
M2: $100 + Uniform/warm-up fees at registration Dec 6, $100 at Jan 3 Meeting
There will be a full run of sizes tank/shorts for the athletes to try-on at registration. We are using the same uniforms (tanks/shorts) for the 2015 season so only new athletes will need to purchase uniforms. Uniform cost is NOT included in the registration fees. Cost for a new uniform is $37: $19 for singlet tank and $18 for shorts. Uniform fee must be paid in full at registration.
NEW THIS YEAR!!!! Due to the wear and tear on the old team warm-ups, this year all athletes will be responsible for purchasing team warm-ups that will be theirs to keep. We will not be checking out warm-ups to anyone this year. We will be using the same GTM warm-ups that cross country used this past season, so if you have already purchased a set for cross country season, you DO NOT need to purchase a new set. For those who need to purchase a warm-up set, the price is $50 and includes both a jacket and pants.
Important Payment Notes:
1. NO CASH. Cash cannot be directly deposited by HSAA. Please have a check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to “HSAA”. Put your child’s name and “track” on the memo line. There are several businesses located near the registration site if you need to have cash converted to a money order the day of registration!
2. Fees paid at registration are non-refundable.
What to Bring/Read Prior to Registration:
All forms are located on the HSAA website under “Forms” (and below). There will be limited blank copies at registration, so please print out ahead of time. Thanks.
1. Bring Completed Spring 2015 Track & Field Application
2. Bring HSAA Athletic Release and Medical Authorization for 2014-2015
3. Bring 2014-15 Physical Evaluation Form (physicals for the 2014-15 school year are due prior to first practice)---Any doctor form will work
4. Read HSAA Appearance Code (http://www.hsaa.org/Forms/HSAA-Appearance-Code.pdf)
5. Read HSAA Expectations (http://www.hsaa.org/Forms/HSAA-Expectations.pdf)
6. Read HSAA Eligibility Requirements (http://www.hsaa.org/Eligibility%20Rules.htm)
Dallas HSAA is a homeschool sports organization that serves the Dallas Metroplex areas.